Google Discover is a personalized feed of content that appears on the Google app for mobile devices. It shows you content that Google thinks you’re interested in, based on your search history, browsing habits, and other factors.
To increase your chances of getting ranked on Google Discover, you should:
1. Create high-quality content.
This is the most important factor. Your content should be well-written, informative, engaging, and original. Google is more likely to rank content that is unique and provides value to users.
Here are some tips for creating high-quality content:
- Write for your audience. Keep your target audience in mind when writing your content. What are their interests? What problems do they have? What kind of content would they find valuable?
- Do your research. Make sure that your content is accurate and up-to-date. Cite your sources and link to other relevant content.
- Be clear and concise. Get to the point quickly and avoid using jargon.
- Use strong visuals. Visual content is more likely to grab people’s attention and make them want to click on your content. Use high-quality images and videos.
- Proofread your work. Make sure that your content is free of errors in grammar and spelling.
2. Make sure your content is relevant to the topics that people are interested in.
You can use Google Trends to see what topics are trending, and you can also use Google Search Console to see what keywords people are searching for related to your niche.
Here are some tips for making your content relevant to the topics that people are interested in:
Use relevant keywords throughout your content.This includes the title, meta description, headings, and throughout the body of your article. However, avoid keyword stuffing, which is the practice of overusing keywords in an attempt to manipulate search engine rankings.
Write about timely topics.If you can, write about topics that are currently in the news or trending online. This will make your content more relevant and likely to be seen by people.
Cover a broad range of topics within your niche.This will help you to attract a wider audience and increase your chances of ranking on Google Discover.
3. Use high-quality images and videos.
Visual content is more likely to grab people’s attention and make them want to click on your content. Google also prefers content that includes high-quality images and videos.
Here are some tips for using high-quality images and videos:
- Use original images and videos. If possible, use original images and videos that you have created yourself. This will make your content more unique and engaging.
- Use high-resolution images and videos. Make sure that your images and videos are high-resolution and look good on all devices.
- Optimize your images and videos for search engines. Add relevant keywords to the file names and alt text of your images and videos. This will help them to rank higher in search results.
4. Publish regularly.
Google Discover likes to see fresh content, so try to publish new posts on a regular basis. This will help to keep your content relevant and engaging for users.
Here are some tips for publishing regularly:
- Create a content calendar. This will help you to plan your content in advance and ensure that you are publishing new content on a regular basis.
- Break down large tasks into smaller ones. If you have a lot of content to create, break it down into smaller tasks that you can complete over time.
- Set deadlines for yourself. This will help you to stay on track and meet your publishing goals.
5. Promote your content on social media.
Sharing your content on social media can help to increase traffic to your website and improve your chances of getting ranked on Google Discover. Make sure to include links to your content in your social media posts and use relevant hashtags.
Here are some tips for promoting your content on social media:
- Share your content on multiple social media platforms. This will help you to reach a wider audience.
- Use relevant hashtags. Hashtags are a great way to get your content seen by people who are interested in the topics you are writing about.
- Engage with your audience. Respond to comments and questions on your social media posts. This will help you to build relationships with your audience and keep them coming back for more.
- Optimize your website for mobile devices. Google Discover is primarily used on mobile devices, so it is important to make sure that your website is optimized for mobile users. This includes using a responsive design and making sure that your website loads quickly on mobile devices.
- Use structured data. Structured data is a way to markup your content so that Google can better understand it. Google uses structured data to generate rich snippets in search results, and it may also use structured data to rank content on Google Discover.
- Build backlinks. Backlinks are links from other websites to your website. Google uses backlinks to assess the authority of your website, and websites with more high-quality backlinks are more likely to rank higher in search results and on Google Discover.